Congratulations on installing Author Signature. Without doubt the simplest and most feature rich app available to manage your Author Signature and Guest Authors! The purpose of the article is provide guidance on getting your Authors and their Signatures setup within the app!
- When you launch the application it will gather all the existing Authors you have assigned and present them in the dropdown here.
- Simply select any Author you want to set details and styling from the Drop Down.
- Then edit their default options such has bio - this is a great option to demonstrate the relationship of the author to the article subject matter or readers
- The other great option is to use the Author Profile Image to show an avatar/logo or image of the Author. Viable formats are: name of a file you have uploaded to the assets folder in your store, a URL to an image on the internet or the e-mail address linked to your Gravatar account.
- Social network options will provide back links to your guest authors blogs/feeds and act as a nice counter balance to their contribution to your sites content. This is also what makes the social icons show for that author
- You can then choose a template for them and style away with all the different setting options. For more details on the Templates - click on the 'Templates' tab.
- Dont forget to Click on the 'Save' button when done!
- To add new guest authors without using a precious/costly Shopify Account. Simply type their name as you wish it to appear on your site in this field and then click on the + button.
- You will now be able to Select them in the Dropdown as per the instructions in the Basics section
For existing site Authors who have Shopify accounts, you dont need to do anything special. The app will interpret they are the author and then display their signature according to the styling you have set. For guest authors without accounts - follow the instructions below.
- Create the article as you would normally, upload all content and set as published.
- Then go into the Article Mapping section of the App and using the Search (if you have lots of articles) to locate the Article
- Choose the new Author from the dropdown (If not visible, then click on ‘Refresh Authors’ first)
- Once the new Author has been selected. Make sure you click on ’Save’ to complete the change!
- Simply select the Author in question from the drop-down and click on the Delete button. This will only remove Authors added by the app. Authors with Shopify accounts will remain but their settings will be reset.