The purpose of this article is to explain the configurable settings available to you within the Pro Blogger application to manage the look and feel of the responsive slider of Related Products in your blog. It also assumes you have completed the Liquid Installation instructions
Getting to the Application
- Log on to you Shopify store (if you havent already) via https://<yourstorename>.myshopify.com/admin
- This will take you to your stores Dashboard.
- In the lower left hand side you will see an option called 'Applications'. Click on it
- This will open the Apps dashboard in the right pane. In the list you will see the 'Pro Blogger' app. Click on it
- This will open the up the app console as per the below.
- Click on Accordion option labelled 'Related Products'
- Enable/Disable - The Master Switch. Turning this on (with liquid installed) will display the responsive slider and off.. well that will turn it off.
Here is where you determine the best logic to get the best match between your blogs and products. For more detail on how this works - read here
- Title Relevance - select the importance of having the Title of a Product match your article's Tags. 'Not Important' will mean this match is ignored.
- Tag Relevance - select the importance of having the Tags of a Product match your article's Tags. 'Not Important' will mean this match is ignored.
Slider Display Options
This section decides how your slider looks and behaves so you can fine tune it to the layout of your store.
- Slider Header - this the text above the responsive slider. It is a HTML input so you can style however you wish to match your theme. The default is '<h4>Related Products</h4>' but if you wish it to say "Buy these now" simply change to '<h4>Buy these now</h4>'.
- Slider Items - This allows you to set the maximum number of items in the slider.
- Slider Display - This the number of items in the slider to display at once. If your Items to Display is less then your Slider Size - then the sliders will scroll. If you choose more or the same it will be fixed unless the screen size is made smaller than the slider width.
- Use standard image sizes and shapes (preferably square) for your Products. This will ensure they look great!
- For horizontal sliders its recommended to have a maximum (10) Slider Size and a Display number of 3-5 depending on your site display width
- For vertical/side bar sliders its recommended to display 1 item and reduce the Slider Size 3-4. This prevents bunching of the scroll dots and looks cleaner.